Probes more cost effective than standard ones
Our technology is based on the coating of AFM tips with nanoparticles of controlled size and chemical composition. The nanoparticles are deposited along the tip side of the cantilever.
The nanoparticles deposited at the end of the tips do act as the final probes in microscopy, enhancing the spatial resolution with the intrinsic physical and chemical properties of the nanoparticles.
Next-Tip technology offers SuperSharp resolution with enhanced lifetime, as it avoids the fragility of standard SuperSharp tips. Making our probes more cost effective than standard ones.
The nanoparticle coating provides great competitive advantages to Next Tip probes.
Thanks to the unique characteristics of our technology, the tips can be regenerated during the scanning process.
- This property avoid unproductive wastes of time (Tip substitution and the location of the sample).
- Increasing the effective work and concentration of the technicians.
- Multiplies the lifetime of the tips by a factor of approximately 5 (very convenient for low temperature, high vacuum or any application where the replacement of the tip is not straightforward).
Regeneration Process Briefing:
- Find a smooth region on your sample (if your sample is very rough is better to put a flat surface like mica or Si wafer).
- Scan a small area and press progressively the tip towards the sample at small steps until the amplitude is reduced to ~ 20% A0.
- Leave it scanning for a few seconds and lift it slowly until the setpoint amplitude is recovered.
HIGH RESOLUTION FEATURES
The great control of the coating process allows high resolution on robust probes with a high degree of reproducibility. The nanoparticle coating provides a great stability to our probes. Thanks to the unique characteristics of our technology, the tips can be regenerated, presenting a lifetime significantly longer than other probes.
We offer products for high resolution in topography (NT-TP), for electric characterization (NT-CD series) and during 2018 we will release our unique probes for TERS.
HIGH RESOLUTION REGENERATIVE TIPS
High Resolution Generative Tips for AFM tapping/non-contact mode mapping in topography.
A new patented technology let us to offer cutting edge properties in AFM TIPS. An innovative process coats the tip with nanoparticles of controlled size and chemical composition, that ensures these properties
Comparison between Standard & NT-TP:
(For more information see L. Martínez et al., Rev. Sci. Instr., 82 (2011) 023710)
CONDUCTIVE REGENERATIVE TIPS
Conductive & Regenerative Tips for electrical characterization applications in tapping/non-contact mode.
A patented technology let us to offer cutting edge properties in Conductive AFM TIPS. An innovative process coats the tip with nanoparticles of controlled size and chemical composition, for ultimate resolution and lhigher contrast in the surface potential.
DNA deposited on mica and measured using NT-KP probes from Next-Tip. A) topography image, B) surface potential image. Courtesy of Silvia Hormeño and Mónica Luna (IMM-CSIC).
(For more information see S. Hormeno et al. Nanotechnology, 24 (2013) 395701)
Research and development
Next Tip is a R&D focused company, and our patent pending projects are related to complete our portfolio, with new tips with cutting edge features in:
- Raman Spectrsocopy (TERS)
- Magnetic AFM (MFM)